Oct 25th update:
This update adds the remaining 1.7 textures for the full 1.7 release, including stained glass, the new tree options, and red sand!
- 15 types of stained glass, including a variety of flat panel panes, classic style glass, and various stained glass options.
- 5 new glass options - gold-framed, stained glass panel, simple, monitor and lightstone-style.
- 6 new bark textures, added options for roofed oaks and acacia trees.
- 40 new wood plank options - all 10 plank styles in 4 new colours: orange, white, deep brown and hazelnut.
- New 'noble' option for fancy diamond, redstone, lapis, gold, silver, and emerald blocks.
- Updated changed names for all double-sized plants - they should work again now. Also added classic fern option to biome double-tall grass.
- 4 new sand colours based on the clay options, and options to use each of them as red sand.
- 10 command cart inventory graphics to match various command blocks - added automatically based on your command block choice.
Sept 20th update:
A huge update to prepare Painterly for the 1.7 release! This prerelease pack is compatible with your 1.6 version of Minecraft, but also has a ton of new options and features for those already using the prereleases. We've also got a bit of a new look on the site, as part of our 20 million downloads celebration!
As always, thank you to everyone who uses Painterly and continues to support the site - your contributions keep the site running and keep it feasable to continue to update with the same volume and quality you've come to expect. Every little bit helps!
- Twitter feed is back up and running on the site, thanks to the help of internet celebrity Captain Capacitor!
- Minor updates to site graphics and layout to make it a bit easier to read and find where you're going.
- 10 new types of grass cover options, including 4 types of podzol cover, leaf cover, petals, classic podzol, and autumn options.
- All non-biome grass options (including the new ones) also available as Podzol options.
- 81 special overrides for Podzol tops with things like flowers, mushrooms, etc. to replace podzol & match with your normal grass.
- 9 varieties of double-tall grass and ferns - wild, lawn, hay, fern, shrub, bamboo, and 3 types of topiary bushes.
- 41 new flower options, bringing flower options to over 100! Available for every type of flower.
- New flowers include: bamboo shoots, tulips, allium, flax, ginger, cattails, leaves, oxeyes, orchids, creeper statues, poppies, pine shrubs and more!
- 52 double-tall flower options for use with all 3 double-tall basic flowers.
- New double-tall flowers include: roses, syringas, topiary bushes, corn, grapes, bamboo, tropical plants, cacti, mushrooms, creeper statues, amd more!
- 9 styles of Sunflower stems - simple, lush, and pre-topped in gold, white, red and mixed varieties.
- 9 styles of Sunflower flowers - round & grouped in gold, white, red and mixed, fireflower, and poinsettia.
- 7 new species of fish for all fish types - tropical puffer, clownfish, mudfish, bluefin, jellyfish, and skeletal fish.
- 15 new cooked fish options including various fish steaks, sushi options, cooked jellyfish, and fish bones.
- Sliced toast option for bread.
- 5 new options for standard ice - medium, smooth, cracked and Mirrodin styles.
- 18 options for packed ice - 5 new icecube options, and then several existing snow, ice and gravel options.
- 4 of the new packed icecube textures also added to cobblestone options for those using winter themes.
- Added natural option for dyes - petals, leaves, roots, seeds, etc.
- Adeed 'soft' petal options for certain dyes as alternates, added 'plain' bowl options for certain dyes as alternates.
- Moved purple, magenta, and light grey dyes to their own option categories to better work with new flower options.
- Moved basic hardened clay to its own option category separate from dyed hardened clay.
- Added 4 basic hardened clay options - fancy mesa, and 3 Extrabiomes red rock style stone options.
- Added 2 new types of dyed hardened clay in mesa colour schemes - original hardened clay and fancy stone.
- Added Extrabiomes red scrub, wasteland scrub, and poppies to desert plant options.
- Added 9 new types of seabed-themed gravel, based on existing sand and netherrack textures, as well as a coral texture.
- Added deep sea gravel and coral options to bedrock options.
- Added Zennygil's submitted fishing pole and gold bar sprites.
- Added Fuego Fish's purple flax and double-tall fern options.
- Added GUI arrows for resource packs, achievemetns and widgets.
- Added miscellaneous server widgets to GUI files.
- Added map icons for player maps.
- FIXED: Fixed a bug where explosion selections wouldn't always take on pack generation.
- FIXED: Fixed missing jukebox textures.
- FIXED: Several missing/incorrect file names for old options.
July 8th update:
This is a small update to fix a handful of bugs that crept in during the 1.6 update, though it also adds a new furnace texture by fan request which contains more smelting values.
- Fixed several bugs regarding incorrect textures being applied in resource packs (mostly with leaf, sapling, crafting table options).
- Added a 'deluxe' furnace GUI with more smelting values (every major type of material except half slabs).
- Waiting on more info for mod support for 1.6 format, began work into options for CTM re-appearing as well as for customizable sound options.
July 1st update:
A big update to roll in Minecraft 1.6, this update adds over 330 new texture files, and includes support for the new resource pack system, the horse system, and more! Unfortunately, several of the mods are broken at the moment due to the new Resource Pack system changing things, but they'll be put back online as options as it becomes feasable. Please enjoy your new resource packs!
- Updated pack to use the new Resource Pack system. This unfortunately is incompatible with earlier versions of Minecraft. Use legacy mode for those versions.
- 7 new options for dyed clay blocks, as well as clay block versions of 6 dyed block options. (19 textures per option!)
- 13 haybale side options, including wheat, leaves, grapes, and even meat!
- 12 haybale top options, to match the side options.
- 16 additional log stump options for birch trees.
- 42 'off' options for detector rails, one for each type of detector rail already part of the pack.
- 9 types of horse barding, split between diamond, gold and iron.
- 4 new options for coal or charcoal.
- 3 types of rope lashes - spider silk, rope or leather.
- 5 nametag options.
- 5 new gui options for the horse jump meter, included alongside the older gui bar-type options as well.
- New gui for horse inventory.
- New skins for all standard horse types.
- New mario-style note block option for note blocks.
- 3 types of undead horses - painterly zombie, blue zombie and headless.
- 4 types of skeletal horses - one for each normal and nether skeleton colour option.
- 8 types of horse overlay options - white feet, white patches, white runes, white spots, black spots, black patches, okapi, and robot legs.
- Added customizer options for the expanded 1.6 options (different log tops, coal vs. charcoal, note blocks, etc.)
- Removed non-functional mod support temporarily - will return when/if they are compatible with resource texture packs again.
Mar 29th update:
This is a fairly small maintenance patch - it fixes several bugs found when Painterly was updated to 1.5 compatibility, and corrects some issues with the Forge and Dispenser GUIs. OffLawn mod has also been updated to 1.5.0/1.5.1 compatibility, and requires a new pack generation to use with the mod, though now, it works with most popular biomes mods, as well!
- Updated OffLawn to Cannibal Vox's 1.5.1 codebase, uses proper 1.5 minecraft texture formats now. Now compatible with most popular biome-altering mods (eg Extrabiomes XL)!
- Fixed 1.5 error re: Forge, Dispenser and Dropper GUIs.
- Fixed 1.5 error re: Incorrect dispenser textures.
- Fixed 1.5 error re: Incorrect cursor textures.
- Fixed 1.5 error re: Incorrect chest texture for reinforced storage chests.
- Fixed 1.5 error re: Certain desert shrub textures.
- Fixed 1.5 error re: Certain netherrack textures.
- Fixed 1.5 error re: Graphical glitch with ornate bow styles.
- Improved site stability and server performance on back end and fixed incorrect subroutine call - should result in far fewer failed-to-generate packs.
- Added 'Mystic Wood' option for logs & planks based on textures by Matt Caughey.
- Began laying code groundwork for Amazo Pack 1.5 mod support - to be released in an upcoming patch!
Feb 16th update:
A huge patch - the biggest yet! Behind the scenes, my crew of web-wizards and I have been working for over 6 straight weeks to convert the pack over to the new 1.5 format, representing hundreds of combined hours of labour. While customizer may look more or less the same, the whole guts of the thing have changed in order to deliver the new packs! Believe me this was no small task so I hope everyone appreciates the extra mile we go here at Painterly for you! :)
A special thanks to the folks that made this changeover possible - cbox, PJB, maou, lizzy, Marux, read and Monicro, and for the continued moral support, patience with my frustrations, and help from the whole crew at Gooncraft.
You'll note that because many items had to change, unfortunately, your old passwords will not work with the new system completely, however it couldn't be prevented. Apologies, but at least new passwords should continue to work normally.
Besides the 1.5 conversion, you'll also see a huge array of extra items that I've put in to round out the collection, so to speak. Here's a list of everything included in the Minecraft 1.5 patch for Painterly:
- Texture conversion of all files to 1.5 format.
- Downloadable development kit replaced with a new one containing all 1.5 format textures in /alternates/ folder.
- Legacy mode added to Customizer for all users still using Minecraft 1.4.7 and earlier.
- Unsupported mods suspended from customizer (will be re-added when/if stable versions are re-released that won't add/change items in the mods).
- new GUI option for the Hopper item.
- new wood options for crafting and chest GUIs in the modern wood colours (chestnut, pecan, aged, raw).
- vertical option for fireworks inventory icons.
- All 3 varieties of brick icons in 14 styles of Nether Brick.
- Nether quartz ore in 4 styles (classic, simple, rpg, bismuth) for all 23 styles of netherrack.
- Nether quartz icons in 12 styles.
- Nether quartz blocks in 48 styles for various parts of pillars, blocks, chiselled blocks, etc.
- 14 types of Light Detector tops, in marble, basalt, and crystal variants.
- 9 types of Light Detector sides, in marble, basalt, and crystal variants.
- 32 varieties of redstone block - red stone options, marble control vector options, and bone/garland/jellybean styles, too!
- Propagated several existing fossil textures to redstone ore/inventory icons.
- 6 styles of Redstone Comparators, to match the Repeater styles.
- 3 styles of comparator inventory icons, to match the repeater ones.
- 4 'Classic' style dark border blocks for Emeralds in the Emerald, Topaz, Sapphire and Amethyst colours.
- 36 options for dispenser and dropper ceiling placement spigots.
- 24 additional options added to dispenser face, and propogated all dispenser options to droppers, as well.
- 5 new styles of forge, 2 each of light and dark stone, 1 of ice.
- 3 styles of ice and snow sandstone (4 ctm options) for winter themed texture packs.
- 10 new styles of icy cobblestone for winter themed texture packs.
- Ladders in all 4 new wood colours in classic and high-contrast style.
- White, Black, Iron and Gold hopper, with matching inventory and cart icons.
- TNT cart icons for every existing style of TNT.
- 5 styles of Activator rails, for all 11 styles of rail tracks.
- Panel and 'Classic' dark border stone options in 2 styles for each colour, as forge toppers and cobblestone options.
- Hazard block style for smooth stone half-block slabs.
- Smooth dark shale option for flint and firestarter.
- Brown 'Classic' style hide for leather.
- 3 new blaze rod options for Bee Hell, also added honey drop to fireball options.
- 7 new Slime Ball options, separated slime and slimeballs into separate customizer categories.
- Ribs option for steak and pork, moved cooked and raw steak, pork and chicken into separate customizer categories.
- Wheatgrass option in faded biome colours to give better contrast.
- Propagated mononoke dude to all flower options.
- Plain plate style armors for gold and diamond, including alternate helmet option for diamond.
- 7 styles of clock - digital, pocketwatch and classic in a variety of faces.
- 3 styles of compass - classic, high-contrast, and digital.
- 4 styles of animated fire - classic, golden, red and green.
- 9 styles of animated lava - classic, orange (flow & stagnant), honey (flow & stagnant), blood (flow & stagnant), slime (flow & stagnant & slimepool).
- 4 styles of animated water - classic, dark, light, and blood.
- Many existing blocks added as options for menu backgrounds.
- Dark stone style demi creeper.
- Dyeable tamed wolf option.
- Dark blue and Dark blue with spots slime options.
- Added Manibogi's Tsuchinoko option to Silverfish.
- Version of all 6 styles of nether slime without the mouth.
- Beekeeper version of wither skeleton for Bee Hell.
- Bee lord version of blaze for Bee Hell.
Dec 20th update:
Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year with this small update that expands Painterly to Minecraft 1.4.6 compatibility! As always, work continues to expand Painterly for increased support for 1.5 and for mods, behind the scenes.
- Added 8 new banded book options for enchanted books, useable on other book types as well.
- Added 7 options for fireworks stars - light and dark balls, lumps and gunpowder on paper, as well as creeper heads.
- Added 6 options for fireworks rockets - bomb arrows, classic-style rockets, and a hostage device!
- Added a sashimi option to cooked fish.
- Added a skis texture.
- Updated chest options to include the holiday chests.
- Updated particle effects to include the new particle effects.
Dec 13th update:
Continuing our trend of adapting mod support, this patch adds support for CTM and Extrabiomes XL mods, as well as a few other goodies. The new back end seems ready to go, but we've put it on hold until we see the new 1.5 texture pack requirements from Mojang, as it may require some rework on our end. So, apologies in advance if you are still experiencing issues with the password system - it will be resolved when the new back end goes up on site. I've tried to be quite extensive with the mod support for these two popular mods, and present the following:
- A new pack icon to celebrate OffLawn!
- 8 new fish textures by Shadowclaimer.
- 3 new tree bark options
- 2 new bookcase options
- 18 new flower options including echinacea, morningglory, baby's breath, and classic-style red and yellow flowers.
- 10 new glass pane/window options.
- 23 new leaf options, including several autumn leaf textures, and 'classic style' leaves in a variety of colours.
- 24 new types of log interiors, largely for Extrabiomes XL support.
- 9 new types of mushrooms.
- 'Nugget' style ore for iron and lapis lazuli, in dark and light stone, and encased in ice.
- 1 new type of ornamental sandstone.
- 7 new sandstone blocks.
- 25 new sapling options, largely for Extrabiomes XL support.
- 6 'wide' beam options for beacons.
- CTM: 38 connected bookcase textures.
- CTM: 31 connected sandstone textures.
- CTM: 89 connected glass textures, including RPG and chinese-style options by Foxx Ramos, and classic painterly ones by The Voyage.
- Extrabiomes XL: 5 wasteland terrain options, including the original wastelands texture by the Extrabiomes XL team.
- Extrabiomes XL: 5 quicksand options.
- Extrabiomes XL: 24 new red stone options split between smooth stone, cobble, brick, and half blocks.
- Extrabiomes XL: 16 options for the two types of mountain ridge red grass.
- Extrabiomes XL: 24 options for the three types of wasteland grass.
- Extrabiomes XL: 6 autumn shrub options.
- Extrabiomes XL: 7 types of swamp roots.
- Extrabiomes XL: 5 cattail options, with 2 cattail inventory icon options.
- Extrabiomes XL: 14 leaf pile options.
- Extrabiomes XL: 18 large tree bark textures.
- Extrabiomes XL: 20 large tree interior textures.
- Extrabiomes XL: 5 types of log turners.
- Extrabiomes XL: 3 varieties of scarecrow - spooky, red and blue.
Nov 11th update:
To celebrate 10,000,000 Painterly Pack downloads, we're introducing the first official Painterly Mod, lovingly entitled offLawn! Using the handy link on the main page, you can check out all the features and recipes this simple but versatile mod adds, and of course, select from a large variety of entertaining textures for the mod to match your Painterly worlds. You will require Forge to use this mod - a download link for that is also found on the same page.
A huge thank you to Slinky, who did all the real gruntwork of coding this mod for the pack, and also to the fine folks of Gooncraft, and the Minecraft community at large without whom Painterly would have never been possible! Thank you!
- Added all existing grass options to the lawn block option for offLawn.
- Added 6 new sunflower seed sprites, along with several existing seed options to the sunflower seed options for offLawn.
- Added 9 sunflower options for offLawn, including several types of sunflowers, large shrubs, and cornstalks.
- Added 42 beanstalk options for offLawn - a variety of plain, flowered, sunflower, and redbean options in green, woody or dead sunflower, jungle vine, or leafy stalks.
- Temporarily removed preview tool until new back end is in place due to server issues - for now, link has been replaced with the offLawn link.
Oct 22nd update:
It's been a while, but here we are - Painterly Pack for Minecraft 1.4! Lots of new options here, of course fleshing out all the new stuff with tie-ins to the older items that you've come to expect by now, and a handful of community additions as well. Coming down the pipes after this should be (finally) the new backend coding to finally allow proper mod support, starting with the CTM and Randomobs mods. Fingers crossed! Here's what you can expect this time:
- New paintings files for every existing paintings file, to accomodate the new 2x2 painting.
- Wither status condition GUI item.
- 1.4 particle effects included in particle effects options.
- 1.4 health bars updated to show withered health in normal and hardcore modes.
- Zombies and Zombie Pigmen updated to 1.4 compatibility.
- Beacon GUI added.
- 4 Variants on the Repair GUI added, including light and dark labels, and with or without icons.
- Updated Creeper armor file.
- Added black and red Wither armor files.
- Updated all existing cloth armor options for new dye option - all armors available in both original and dyeable forms.
- 6 variants on Wither - black and red classic skeleton, 3-eyed skeleton, and glowing eye skeleton.
- Witch available in all standard villager types as well as alternate universe Zoidberg villager.
- 6 variant bats - brown bats, grey bats, castlevania bats, bat skeletons, zubats, and batman.
- Updated wolves to accept dyed collars.
- 36 variants of zombie villager to allow all applicable zombie and villager combinations for heads.
- 14 variants on Wither Skeleton - black and red in all standard skeleton models, plus a couple 3-eyed variants.
- Mask/Head items added for all variants of zombie, skeleton, wither skeleton and creeper.
- 3 player Mask/Head options - Steve, anonymous, and smiley.
- Added Pearl ender pearl/eye of ender/ender chest options by Fuzzball Fox.
- Added box ender chest option by Fuzzball Fox.
- Added lament configuration ender chest option by thehengeprophet.
- Added palantir eye of ender by Roger Hughes.
- Added alternate pine sapling, smooth-style sandstone, mirrored-faced jack-o-lantern, and geared dungeon piston back sprites by ZennyGil.
- 13 variants on item frame backgrounds, including classic, leather, cloth and crushed velvet in a variety of colours.
- 3 types pf ground crops growth - plants, flowering plants, and leafy growth.
- 5 types of ground crops - carrot, potato, beet, turnip, and strawberry, available for both types of ground crop.
- Gold crop, crop on a stick, poison crop and cooked crop for all 5 types of ground crops.
- 11 variants on pumpkin pie to match all types of pumpkin options, including rock and snowman pies.
- 10 variants on the nether star, including classic, skullpiles, open and closed lament configurations, open and closed runeboxes, and a lich's phylactery.
- 14 types of control blocks, in classic, stone, redstone, and other styles.
- 6 types of vases - 4 fired clay vases, orange planter's pot, and super mario style pipe.
- 4 types of anvils - dark iron, shiny iron, golden, and white enamel.
- 12 varieties of inventory icons for vases - all 6 types with and without plants in them.
- 12 new emerald block items - zelda-style, stars on black obsidian, and stars on violet obsidian, in all 4 gemstone colours.
- 9 styles of Beacon block frame.
- 16 varieties of beacon beams in a myriad of blue, pink and gold colours.
- Randomobs support for all 1.4 mobs.
July 30th update:
A minor patch while I continue to work on a few back end things and general site maintenance. Mostly just polishing stuff for the official 1.3 release! I hope everyone is as excited for 1.3 as I am!
- Touched up a few textures, fixed a few tiling issues. You probably won't notice.
- Last minute touchups on creative inventory, search and allitems guis.
- Fixed alignment and pointer issues with trading guis.
- Back end code updates.
June 30th update:
This patch (hopefully) finalizes Painterly for the long-awaited 1.3 release! It also continues the propogation of the new wood colours, adds several new community submissions, and several other goodies! With any luck, this will be the last update on the old back-end as the new one is nearing completion and will enable a lot more possibilities for things such as proper mod support. What to look out for:
TOOLS AND FOOD
- Tripwire handles in iron or gold, as well as in all 6 wood colours.
- 3 styles of tripwire cords.
- Added following options for trapdoors in 4 new wood colours: plain slab, 4-panel window, glass window, mesh window, ornate.
- Added following options for bookcases in 4 new wood colours: updated books, shelf style 1, shelf style 2, stockings, wine racks.
- Added following options for record players in 4 new wood colours: speaker + turntable, speaker + sliders.
- Added following options for ladders in 4 new wood colours: treehouse ladders, rope ladders.
- Added following options for beds in 4 new wood colours: beige beds, tables.
- Added following options for torches in 4 new wood colours: classic, glass, accordion, small accordion.
- Added following options for redstone torches in 4 new wood colours: plain, accordion, small accordion.
- Added following options for enchanting tables in 4 new wood colours: simple style, default style.
- Added following options for lamps in 4 new wood colours: SMP-style, candle box, weave lamp, glowstone shale.
- Added levers in all 4 new wood colours.
- Added quiver options in all 3 arrow colours by Foxx Ramos for both arrow and quiver texture options.
- Added 2 meat cleaver options by Fuzzballfox for shears and iron swords.
- Added variant iron and gold hybrid tools to iron and gold tool sets, recoloured by Roger Hughes.
- Added 2 variant wood sword options recoloured by Foxx Ramos.
- 2 new stick icons touched up from submissions by Roger Hughes.
- Separated paper options from book options in customizer, added new paper texture by Roger Hughes, and another based off of it.
- Added 5 new map icons in the new paper style.
- Added the peaceful pack flax strands to the string options.
- Added glass jar of gunpowder to gunpowder options by Roger Hughes.
- Added submarine sandwich option to bread, cooked pork, cooked steak by Roger Hughes.
- Added beekeeping mod honey glazed pork to cooked pork options.
- Added steak and eggs to cooked steak options.
- Added breaded fish platter (based on design by Roger Hughes) and ika sushi options to cooked fish.
- Added garbage option to rotting meat.
- 38 options for emerald ore, including repurposed mystic ores gems (emerald, topaz, sapphire, amethyst) and gold options.
- A new gold nugget option for gold ore.
- 18 emerald block options - 4 styles for emerald, topaz, sapphire and amethyst, as well as 2 gold options.
- 47 emerald icons from a large mix of new/repurposed textures, including various gem forms, gold nuggets, money bags, and coins.
- A fix for smooth lapis lazuli blocks and a new lapis lazuli block by Roger Hughes.
- Added one of the mystic ores sapphire styles to lapis lazuli ore options.
- Added several mystic ores sapphire styles to lapis lazuli icon options.
- Added new redstone ore icon by Roger Hughes, as well as a new redstone ore texture based on that icon.
- Added rupee and chaos emerald options for redstone ore icons, as well as made them options for the unused ruby icon.
- 6 'new'-style gravel options in various lumpy and crushed stone to better emulate the new official style; the crushed types also available as cobblestone.
- Added following options for glass in 4 new wood colours: modern windows, classic windows, thin trellis and thick trellis.
- Added following options for glowstone in 4 new wood colours: SMP-style, candle box, weave lamp.
- Added RPG and Fancy RPG window options in all 6 wood colours by Foxx Ramos.
- Added 'large brick' sandstone texture by Braeden, and 'large plain panel' sandstone texture for regular and decorative sandstone.
- Added 'rough block' half slab and decorative stone textures by Braeden, in light and dark stone.
- Added new smooth loose cobblestone option in light and dark stone by Braeden, to smooth stone and cobblestone options.
- Added 2 smooth loose mossy cobblestone options based on textures by Braeden, as well as white and red flower variants of these options, to mossy cobblestone.
- Added a rusted grate iron block option by Roger Hughes.
- 8 styles of ender chest - purple and cyan eye chests in black, purple or magma obsidian, and marble chests with black or purple obsidian.
- 10 new small chests - simple and classic versions in the 4 new wood colours, the original temporary placeholder painterly chest, and a fridge by Fuzzballfox.
- 8 new large chests - simple and classic versions in the 4 new wood colours.
- new storage cart icons for all new chest types.
- 10 new signs - 'smooth' wood signs for light and dark wood, and classic and smooth versions for all 4 new wood colours.
GUI AND FIXES
- Added gui options for new creative gui menus - inventory, search, and tabs.
- Added 3 options for trading menu gui - plain, stone buttons, and stone trading area.
- Updated icons.png for compatibility with new server options.
- Added a crystal torch lightmap option submitted by Braeden.
- Added dragon health bar gui to options for experience bars.
- Fixed a bug involving using pre-made packs with cocoa pods.
- Fixed a bug involving the old feather options.
May 16th update:
This patch adds several options to prepare Painterly for the 1.3 release! Furthermore, it begins expansion of the new wood colours into the other options, beginning with doors, boats, minecarts and crafting tables. Several fixes have also been added, and next update we're hoping to push out the new coding backend! This time around you can look forward to:
- 2 new wood textures, in all 6 wood colours.
- Expanded base wood textures to all 6 wood colours.
- Crafting table options expanded into the 4 new wood colours.
- Boat options expanded into the 4 new wood colours.
- Cart options expanded into all 6 wood colours.
- 3 popular door options expanded into the 4 new wood colours.
- 4 font options added.
- 4 gui options for writable books: black, brown, white wine, red wine.
- 3 new feather options, fixed older feather graphics.
- 3 arrow options added for various coloured feathers with arrows.
- 13 new book options for basic/written books.
- 29 book & quill options for combinations of books/feathers.
- Squid option added for fish.
- Dark stone rough hewn sword added.
- Added 'invisible' option for biome triangles.
- Happysocks creeper!
- 2 adventure skeletons added by Roger Hughes
- 6 types of cocoa pods added - classic, brown, green, yellow, berry and mushroom.
- 4 types of tall grass added - long quad, short quad, ferns, and curlferns.
- More backend coding updates and testing.
Mar. 23rd update:
This patch updates Painterly to Minecraft 1.2.4 functionality. Although not a lot of new blocks were added, absolute gobs of new options were added for them, because that's just how we roll. A few community requests and fixes were also added.
Featured items in this patch are:
- Added a miniature sandworm option for desert shrubs.
- Added 'shrub' bushes option for tall grass in all 6 colour sets.
- Fixed issue with Autumn biome shaders not downloading properly.
- Added large flower mossy cobblestone options for cobble and brick.
- Added 59 (yes 59) decorative stone options for ornamental stone blocks. Includes several existing and new textures, as well as flat marble and basalt options.
- Added 23 decorative sandstone options for ornamental sandstone blocks. Includes several existing textures, as well as a few glyph, sand garden, and square block options.
- Added pillar graphics, with 3 types of top, 3 types of bottom, and 3 types of column to choose from, which you can mix and match. Use a top, middle and bottom with the 3 new ornamanetal blocks to make marble pillars!
- Added marble pillar option for dyed cloth and dyes.
- Tweaked several old wood plank textures.
- Added chestnut, raw wood, aged wood, and pecan wood plank options for all 8 wood plank styles, for the 3 decorative wood plank options.
- Reticulated splines.
Feb 26th update:
This patch adds 1.2 compatibility, as well as expands several existing textures into new categories, and adds a handful of fun new options, as well. Several new biome options due to popular demand, as well as a veritable swarm of cats. New MCPatcher compatibility options include biome shaders for pine, birch, swamp and swampgrass regions, as well as working custom lightmaps by Brae53. This time around, you can expect:
- Vase variant for cauldrons.
- Additional Zekey-style dyed cloth block option with varying patterns.
- "Wave" and "Burst" booster rail options for all track types.
- Biome version of the RPG grass.
- Candy jellybean option for redstone ore to match jellybean redstone wire.
- Ornate bow option in 3 styles.
- Cherry option to replace apples.
- All existing lightmaps updated to MCPatcher compatibility by Brae53.
- Giant brick (by Mug of Bro), aged brick, and rough stone and mortar brick options.
- Rough stone and large stone options for bricks. Separated bricks from brick icon options.
- Added corn crops, and several new types of crop seeds/corn-based wheat and bread.
- Separated seeds, bread and wheat from crop choices, added several existing seeds/food items to these options.
- Added alchemy table GUI without bottles.
- Added 9 new biome options: seasonal, harvest, golden harvest, surreal, emerald, dark emerald, green swamp, brown swamp, and wasteland.
- Added option to include MCPatcher files for swamp biome, swamp grass, pine trees and birch trees.
- Added machete graphic to shears options.
- Added bone torches to torch options.
- Added soul sand skulls options to end stone options.
- Added several wooden trellis options to metal fence options.
- Added grey nether stone options to cobblestone, mossy cobblestone, and cracked cobblestone.
- 11 new EXP potion options.
- 31 new lamp options.
- 6 new sapling options.
- 8 new tree bark options, including jungle tree bark and several monster barks.
- 17 new jungle-themed leaf options.
- 15 cat options: Roamin, orange tabby, grey tabby, white, black, tuxedo, mottled, calico, tortoiseshell, tiger, siamese, ocelot, revolver ocelot, Johnny Cat, and meowshroom.
- 12 golem options: light and dark stone golems in plain, red flower and yellow flower, laputa golems in new, aged and overgrown, iron golems in new and classic style, and a redstone-powered robot.
- Back-end updates continue.
Feb 4th update:
We've done a massive site overhaul, largely thanks to the efforts of master internet coder extraordinaire, Pixotic! In addition to a more modernized layout and several new graphics and widgets, this long-needed overhaul paves the way for a more ambitious back-end overhaul down the road that will make things run much more smoothly and allow for even faster updates. Some new items to check out on the site:
- Added new widgets for patch notes and donations (which you've found if you're here.)
- Added a twitter feed widget. Subscribe to get all the lastest Painterly news!
- Moved previews to their own section, available from the main page.
- Randomized preview footer on the main page - tons of neato screenshots to see!
- Better looking and more intergrated ad layouts, to make things a little nicer looking, as well as hopefully keep the site afloat. :)
- GoodDog font support for all sorts of little bits and pieces such as headers and important notice text.
- Site should display more consistently in all browsers - code is standardized and updated to css and php.
- Several backend updates you probably will never see or notice.
Jan 20th update:
A mini-update with a couple left-over items that didn't make it into the telethon graphics package in time. Also included are screenshots of all the new Telethon mobs, thanks to courageous war photographer LizzyintheSky. Woohoo! This time around, you can expect to find:
- Fixed graphical issue with Gygas moon.
- Fixed graphical issue with spider eyes on Telethon spiders.
- Fixed graphical issue with Endermen eyes on Bendermen and SCP-173.
- Fixed a few incorrect telethon credits and typos in customizer.
- Added 'windblown snow' option as sand, snow, and grass cover.
- Added updated NES and enhanced NES art files.
- Added new inventory icons for new NES art files.
- Updated customizer entries and info pages with screenshots for all new mobs.
- Rotated misaligned animal bottoms to comply with 1.0 standards.
- Added randomobs mod compatibility.
Jan 16th update:
The telethon textures are finally here! Over 750 texture items created, all said and done, as part of the painterly telethon, as chosen by YOU, the viewer at home. I hope everyone enjoys this fan-driven bundle. Thank you again, everyone who made the telethon possible, and for your awesome suggestions and generous donations. You guys are the best. Check HERE
to see who bid on what. Also, a huge thanks to Fuzzball Fox, who donated several bonus textures and helped in his free time. This time around, you can find:
- New 'retro NES' style paintings file
- Red engineer, Blu engineer, villager, ghostly villager, roman centurion, and daedric armors.
- New black book file.
- Simple and reinforced chest options, as well as recursive safe chests in silver and gunsteel blue.
- New watch dial and pocketwatch-style watch.
- Gonzo the Great, Squidward, Zoidberg, and Testificate style villagers.
- Wood Duck variant for the chicken.
- Suit and tie, Bender, and alternate universe Bender endermen.
- BEE HELL bee ghast with appropriate honey laternates for ghast tears.
- Lava-streaked magma slime.
- Bee costume and Lady Gaga meat dress zombie pigmen.
- White and grey skeletons, with armor, or with a belt.
- Mexican, funnelweb, and brown fuzzy striped spiders.
- Squid in a cat disguise.
- Roamin cat-wolves.
- Silent Hill nurse-style zombie.
- "Simple" variant mystic ores tools for mithril tools.
- Cartoon and cartoon ring style suns.
- Gygas and Matsumoto style moons.
- Beige quilt and Ghast style beds.
- Red velvet, chocolate frosting with sprinkles, key lime pie, surprise pie, christmas cake, pizza, and monster cake options for the cake.
- White cauldron.
- Plain Zekey-style cloth option.
- Modern and primitive style crafting table options, in light and dark wood.
- Tibetan cherry tree bark wood options for trees.
- Aged wood log interior option.
- Cedar bonsai tree sapling option.
- Ornate dungeon and Saxon's Fridge variants for the dispenser face.
- Two new styles of dirt based on the original game textures.
- Mirrodin, biome mirrodin, metal mirrodin, and rpg-style grass options.
- Mirrodin-style mushroom mycelium option.
- Mirrodin-style ice crystals snow option.
- Mirrodin-style sand, in sand and grey, tarnished and clean, colours.
- Fat-style small cacti.
- Roamin the cat as flower and desert shrub options.
- New 'smooth' mushroom stem option.
- Magma lava enchanting table variant.
- Snowflake obsidian variant for obsidian blocks.
- Handholds, and rope ladders in simple/tied variants in dark, light and white wood, for ladders.
- Glass, reinforced, wardrobe, windowed wardrobe, and windowed solid door options in light and dark wood.
- Thick TNT stick and crash bandicoot variants for TNT blocks.
- Clay jug sandstone variant for decorative purposes in creative.
- Smiley face gold and iron decorative blocks.
- Bismuth diamond ore and decorative blocks.
- "Chunk" style uniform ore blocks for iron, gold and diamond, with matching icons.
- Chaos emerald diamond ore blocks, with matching icons.
- Geode and triple sphere style style redstone ore blocks, with matching icons.
- Flat tile and planetary-style lapis lazuli decorative blocks.
- Brown, green, and war of the worlds-style netherrack and nether brick.
- 2 variants of 'ethereal' glowstone.
- Candy, wire, and dust versions of redstone powder trails, with matching icons.
- Lightbulb, clear lightbulb, flourescent lightbulb, crystal, and glass bulb versions of torches.
- White wood and industrial versions of switch handles.
- Windblown barleywheat and meat versions of crops.
- Various new egg textures, including speckled, robin and green.
- Cave fish and cave eel fish options, as well as fished up can of spaghetti.
- Peach and peach guy replacements for apples/golden apples.
- Ball of yarn dye options.
- Duck, goose and penguin feather options.
- Borscht style mushroom stew.
- Mug style potions and grenades.
- Clay jug, and wood bucket in light and dark styles, as bucket alternates.
- Chocolate and pudding variants for cookies.
- Mushroom, apple, bread and grape style hunger bars.
- "Steakeye" comedy steak option.
- Human heart and human toe rotting zombie meat options.
- Bag of gold option for gold nuggets, in 2 varieties.
- Smooth style flint shard.
- Meat, grain, and mononoke style plant seeds.
- Ornate-covered black and brown books.
- "Enchanting" style swords for all tool types.
- Vegetable style wood tools.
- Meat and dark stone style stone tools.
- Plain style gold tools.
- Ornate and runed style iron tools, as well as scimitar and wrench style sword options, and a unique pick.
- Plain, blue runed and red runed style diamond tools, as well as a lolipop, lightsaber, and runed scimitar option set for the sword.
- Monster spawning eggs in egg, bead, crystal, SCP file and SCP report variations.
Dec 25th update:
MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW
Nov 28th update:
Apologies for delays in getting the last of this update out - as those who have been in contact with me know, real live has been kicking my butt lately, between losing my old home, hospital visits, and job hunting. Apologies, however, I've got something very special planned to mark the 5 million downloads event here at Painterly, which will be happening pretty darn soon!
This pack rounds out the last of the Release Candidate options that were missing, and fixes a few minor issues in current packs. Available this update is:
- Fixed some ongoing minor GUI issues.
- 6 Ender Dragon textures - Ender, Cosmic, Black, Red, Green and Blue.
- 7 Ender Dragon egg options.
- 26 Ender Crystal options - Rune Crystal and Lament Configuration options for all 13 styles of bedrock.
- 4 Ender sky options.
- 8 Ender crystal beam options, for the dragon healing particle beam.
- 11 variations on the boss health bar.
Oct 26th update:
The biggest update ever! You'll find it was well worth the wait - providing complete compatibility and customization for the 1.9 prereleases (except for dragons, which are coming as the End area is further developed). Over 800 new graphical items were added for this massive update, and more will be coming down the road, to be sure. This tima round, you can find:
- All mobs should now have thumbnail images in customizer, thanks to CBox, Marux, RNG, Monicro, and others.
- Phases for all old moon selections.
- 9 new moons - shimmering shattered moon, square moon, eye, phasing harvest, phasing boneyard, eclipse, chairface chippenmoon, alienist moon, and the classic minecraft moon.
- New graphic for spellbooks on enchanting tables.
- New enchanting table GUI.
- Added basic ice and shingles options to cracked brick blocks.
- Added richer-colour new style gold ingot, and rupee diamond shard.
- Added snowman charm to pumpkin seed options.
- 2 new Glowstone options adapted with permission from the SMP Revival pack.
- Variety grab bag of weapons (1 wood, 1 stone, 1 iron, 3 diamond, 2 gold) created by, or based on designs by internet persona bibbyboy123.
- Chests and large chests in plain and fancy dark and light wood styles, green and red wrapped presents, and cardboard boxes.
- 4 new explosion graphics - a donut style burst, zelda-style smoke, and two sets adapted from the Metal Slug series of video games.
- Outhouse doors in dark and light wood by That_Lamer.
- Small-eyed variants of the pink pig, brown pig, winged pigs, lost pig, white sheep, black sheep, cow and mooing polar bear by That_Lamer.
- Mooshrooms in all 7 mushroom colours: red, toadstool orange, deathcap orange, beige, gold, autumn brown and poison blue.
- 6 Blaze monster options, with netherrack, red stone, brinstar, dark stone, light stone, and obsidian blaze rods.
- 7 Lava slime options, in red stone, grey stone, brinstar, black obsidian, purple obsidian, lightstone, and honey variants.
- All 6 classes of villager have been redesigned from the ground up in various outfits, and come in brown and green goblin, pink and brown pig, cow, and sheep varieties!
- Dark biome-compliant melon vines.
- Dark biome-complinant ivy vines in standard, thin, thick and ladder styles.
- New 'Leafy' ivy vine options for all 4 ivy vine colours.
- 8 Lilypads - 6 in light biome, dark biome and green between two styles each, and 2 green lilypads with flowers on them.
- 6 styles of Netherwort - tendril, eye, mushroom, leafy, fantasy leaves, and bee hell grubs.
- New Alchemy GUI with choice of embedded round bottles, vials, or Mario-style bottles.
- 2 new shelves and 1 decorative wood option for bookshelves in both wood shades.
- 11 new Mycelium textures for mushroom biomes, in 3 lengths, with all 4 dirt types - 102 unique textures in all! Pick from all 7 mushroom colours, roots, stem, spotted white and classic colours.
- 22 nether brick options, designed to match the various netherrack textures.
- 5 Spider eyes options - Bright and dull single and cluster, as well as a full set of 8.
- Fermented spider eyes also available in single, cluster and set.
- 13 styles of Eye of ender, including classic teal and purple eyes, basketball gag options, and several keys to match the various seals.
- 7 styles of ghast fireball - stone, glowing and lava-streaked stone and obsidian, fireball and floating eye.
- 18 items used in various combinations of blaze rod and blaze powder, including rods, shards, orbs, fireballs, coals, powder, dust, dust pouches, wands and blaze cores.
- Cauldrons in plain, star-studded, and skull-studded styles.
- 8 gold nugget options - 2 nuggets, rings, and 5 styles of coins.
- Gold-plated version of all melon options for Glistering Melons.
- 4 potion rack bases - marble, light stone, dark stone, and ice.
- 6 potion rack bodies - gold and iron in all 3 potion types.
- 3 potion types - bottle, vial, and subcon bottle.
- 5 varieties of grenade for each potion type - 15 choices in total.
- Enchanting tables available in black obsidian, purple obsidian, dark wood and light wood, with your choice of diamond-studded top or crafting table style top for the wood tables.
- Ender stone in light, dungeon, dark, ice, and white stone varieties.
- Ender gate stands in classic, diamond, crafting table, glyph, marble, and keyhole marble styles.
- Ender gate keys in teal eye, purple eye, glyph, marble, and star styles.
- A variety grab bag of record options, including plain records, ornamented records that match the song style/name/theme, and a few bonus ones for good measure.
- New, faster, more reliable site back-end coming soon!
Sept 16th update:
Compatibility patch for Beta 1.8. Lots of new goodies for all those amazing new items and doodads and monsters and foods. What you can expect this time around:
- added 'remove' pumpkin blur and made all 11 pumpkin blurs selectable
- added 5 melon options - classic, watermelon, leafy watermelon, pumpkin and honeydew
- added 11 melon slice options for the various melon types
- added 8 cracked stone textures
- added sidewalk cement half brick texture
- added 15 window pane side textures (selected automatically through window choice)
- added 13 ivy textures in normal, green and dead
- added 3 vine textures in normal, green and dead
- added 7 iron bars textures
- added 9 seeds textures including pumpkin, melon, honeydew, as well as medallion replacements for graves, gargoyles, etc.
- added 3 enderman pearl options - normal, sparkling, slams and jams
- added 5 rotting flesh options - arms, guts and brains
- added 2 new light cooked pork options for haunches and chops
- added 5 steak options - ribeye, t-bone, haunch, burger, bulgogi
- added 4 chicken options - drumstick, whole chicken, bucket, and CFC (Creeper Fried Chicken)
- added 12 exp orb options - normal, metroid, coin, ring, bolt, diamond, text, square, square, star, sparkles, zenny and rupees
- added 7 mushroom skin options for all mushroom styles
- added 6 mushroom underside options - gills and spots in brown, beige and ecru
- added 2 mushroom stem options - horizontal and vertical stretching
- added 4 drawn bow styles - normal and energy arrows in normal and fantasy bows
- added 3 endermen styles - normal, cosmic and SCP-173
- added 3 silverfish styles - dark stone, light stone and maggot
- added a cave spider texture
- added 9 exp bar options, classic, shadow, wood, stone and metal in normal and rainbow bars
- added 3 hunger bars - meat, chicken, and cheeseburger (cheeseburger created by T Hartman!)
- added 3 lightmaps - classic, clean light, and blood moon
- added creative mode gui interface
- ensnouted all pigs
- various new gui options
- wildgrass mod has once again been temporarily disabled.
- more back end improvements. THANK YOU dpb and Pixotic for all your hard work with ongoing improvements. :)
Aug 18th update:
A new GUI option for the updated Airships mod has been added. Nothing else to report. Sorry!
Aug 11th update:
A hotfix has been added which SHOULD restore cookies and password functionality. More or less. We're working on a new back end which should take care of these problems on a more permanent bases, but there's no ETA as it's a huge project.
Aug 07th update:
There have been some improvements to make the customizer load a bit faster. Big thanks to Scaevolus, CapnCapacitor and Alligator for their help on that front. Unfortunately, we've discovered the breaking and 302/500/config errors were being caused by the password/cookie files being too large due to the sheer number of options, so we've had to disable them for the moment.
This update continues our ongoing increased support for the Yogbox, with many new textures added to support its many mods! Obviously not everything is there, but it's getting more complete every update.
You can merge your customized Painterly with the one included in Yogbox by unzipping the painterly you download from here, and copying the files over top of the ones included in the Painterly found in Yogbox, and then using that pack. This will allow you to keep your choices while still getting all the other options in Yogbox. Available this update is:
- Added red and yellow flowered mossy cobblestone for detailed bricks and both dungeon stone styles.
- Added rough-hewn diamond tools.
- ALLOCATOR - Added optional GUI for SmallDeadGuy's Allocator Patch which expands Allocator functionality.
- PEACEFUL PACK - 5 slime pool textures added in all normal slime colours.
- YOGBOX - 5 options for Crystal Wing, including a Hearthstone and a jewel.
- YOGBOX - 4 options for the recipe book
- YOGBOX - shark tooth graphic for mo'creatures
- YOGBOX - 5 shark egg options for mo'creatures
- YOGBOX - 6 fish egg options for mo'creatures
- ELEMENTAL ARROWS - 6 homing bow options
- ELEMENTAL ARROWS - added fire and ice arrows
- ELEMENTAL ARROWS - 2 lighting arrow options, and 2 egg arrow options
- ELEMENTAL ARROWS - 4 explosive arrow options
- MORE HEALTH - 6 styles of small heart piece available
- MORE HEALTH - 3 styles of large heart container available
- BONE MODS - 5 types of bone torches to pick from
- BONE MODS - 3 types of gilded bones to pick from
- BONE MODS - 5 slime wands, matching the slime ball colour in your inventory
- BONE MODS - 4 lightning wands, 2 glowing with electric energy, and 2 with flaming energy
- BONE MODS - 5 styles of bam stick, including TNT stick, TNT wand, bomb, creeper sceptre and creeper mace.
- SEASONS - 2 styles of thermometer
- SEASONS - 2 styles of seasons watch
- SEASONS - added custom seasons dial
- SEASONS - added autumn biome shaders for grass and foliage
- SEASONS - 23 types of autumn plants to pick from for your red and yellow autumn flower selections
Jul 25th update:
More mod support! This time around, we've got some added support for some of the more popular stone-and-ore-based mods featured in the infamous Yogbox. Included in the 364 newly added textures is full support for the Randomite, Mystic Ores, and Mystic Dungeons mods.
- Added the tutorial level for the Amazopack to the Amazopack page - try it today!
- 3 new mushroom stew options to represent the bitter soup recipe from Mystic Dungeons
- 1 new flint graphic in the style of the Mystic Ores shards
- 2 new coal ore textures
- MYSTIC ORES - 15 verdite ore types - various types of metal ore, rpg ore chunks, floral ores and an alternate of bronze for those who want less fantasy ores, in various stone type combinations.
- MYSTIC ORES - 11 mithril ore types - normal, purple obsidian inset, black obsidian inset and rpg style, in various combinations of light, dark and ice stone
- MYSTIC ORES - 5 adamantite ore types - normal and rpg in combinations of light, dark and ice stone
- MYSTIC ORES - 10 iridium ore types - ore, cluster and meteor in light, dark and ice stone, plus bonus fallen meteor texture
- MYSTIC ORES - 6 each of amethyst, sapphire and emerald ore blocks - shards and orbs in all 3 stone types
- MYSTIC ORES - 9 topaz ore blocks - shards, orbs and amber in all 3 stone types
- MYSTIC ORES - 11 verdite ingot textures, including 4 floral ingot options, and 4 bronze variants
- MYSTIC ORES - 5 mithril ingot textures
- MYSTIC ORES - 5 adamantite ingot textures
- MYSTIC ORES - 7 iridium ingot textures
- MYSTIC ORES - 7 iridium nugget textures
- MYSTIC ORES - 2 glass shard textures (shard and glass bits)
- MYSTIC ORES - 19 reinforced glass textures - 7 each in purple and black, plus 5 metal-lined glass textures from the original glass options
- MYSTIC ORES - 2 obsidian shard textures (purple and black)
- MYSTIC ORES - 2 obsidian rod textures (purple and black)
- MYSTIC ORES - 6 textures for each of amethyst, emerald and sapphire gems
- MYSTIC ORES - 7 topaz gem textures - 5 topaz and 2 amber variant textures
- MYSTIC ORES - 8 mystic powder textures
- MYSTIC ORES - 25 bloodstone textures - one for each netherrack type, 4 red stone types and bonus bee hell bloodcomb
- MYSTIC ORES - 20 red soulstone textures - one for each netherrack type
- MYSTIC ORES - 20 black soulstone textures - one for each netherrack type
- MYSTIC ORES - 20 blue soulstone textures - one for each netherrack type
- MYSTIC ORES - 7 bloodstone fragment textures
- MYSTIC ORES - 2 sets of bloodstone tools - obsidian heartstone and gag nether tools
- MYSTIC ORES - 2 sets of obsidian tools - purple and black, plus variant 'fancy' obsidian hoes
- MYSTIC ORES - 4 sets of verdite tools - metal, ivy and floral (plus some floral/metal variants for sword, shovel and axe), and a bronze tool variant
- MYSTIC ORES - 1 set of mithril tools, plus a sword and pick/axe variant
- MYSTIC ORES - 2 sets of adamantite tools - metal and living ore
- MYSTIC ORES - 1 set of iridium tools plus 'meteor on a stick' gag option
- MYSTIC DUNGEONS - 6 iron treasurebox textures - sealed box, lockbox, and puzzle box in light and dark wood styles
- MYSTIC DUNGEONS - 4 vine textures (2 green, 2 floral)
- MYSTIC DUNGEONS - 3 vine segment textures
- RANDOMITE - 5 total randomite ore stone textures in 2 styles (rainbow ore, Mario ore)
Jul 22nd update:
We're not dead! In fact, quite the opposite :)
Amazo has been updated to work with Minecraft 1.7.3, so you can now enjoy the exciting world of pistons and shears alongside your amazo-ness! Tutorial coming VERY soon, as well as support for a few new mods, when I can finish updating the back end for them.
Featured this (small) update:
- Amazopack installer now compatible with Minecraft 1.7.3
- Re-enabled Wildgrass options, wildgrass in customizer now compatible with 1.7.3
- We're looking into back-end issues for IE users. Sorry, no ETA at this time.
Jun 30th update:
Compatibility patch for Beta 1.7. I hope you all appreciate that thanks to Pistons using wood, stone AND slimes, I had to make seventy bajillion options to account for all combinations! :)
- 38 piston back styles (I kinda got carried away here)
- 9 piston front styles
- 10 piston side styles
- 9 piston plunger styles - 3 each of dark wood, light wood, and metal.
- regular and splattered slime options for all plunger heads, in all slime colours.
- 6 shears options - shears, hedge trimmers, 2 types of scissors, a dagger and a razor.
- added Pusherbot and Shoverbot.
- added 2 'aligned brick' cobblestone and 2 'aligned brick' mossy cobblestone options.
- added slower-burning chandelier option for Amazopack beekeeping mods. (Requires MCPatcher to use.)
- Amazopack is still only 1.6.6 compatible - so don't upgrade if you want to use your Amazo worlds!
- cakes and beds updated to use new graphics format.
- wildgrass mod has been disabled until it is compatible with the new graphics layout in terrain.png.
- more back end improvements.
Jun 24th update:
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here! THE AMAZOPACK! Six amazing mods by four amazing modders, with hopefully some more on the way! Click the link at the top of the page to find out what it's all about, who's responsible for making these beautiful mods, and honestly, who you should be donating to if you can for their fantastic work. Somethingawful, Reddit, Yogscast, and all the other amazing and fantastic Painterly and modding supporters out there - this is for you!
This update adds the following options to the base minecraft game:
- 'Bee hell' nether textures for glowstone, glowstone dust, netherrack and soul sand
- Golden lava option for MCPatcher, to match the 'Bee Hell' theme.
- 6 fossil-themed textures for bones.
- Minor customizer back-end tweaks and updates.
This update also adds over 320 new graphics supporting 6 mods, including:
- ROPE - New rope, rope top, and rope inventory icons for this mod.
- PEACEFUL PACK - added cloth graphics.
- PEACEFUL PACK - 2 seed graphics: flax and cotton.
- PEACEFUL PACK - 3 fiber options: green, beige and white.
- PEACEFUL PACK - 5 flax options: green, olive, cotton, ropegrass and fantasy weed.
- PEACEFUL PACK - 7 sulphur ore textures: ice + 3 for each stone type.
- PEACEFUL PACK - 7 niter ore textures: ice + 3 for for each stone type.
- PEACEFUL PACK - 4 sulphur item textures - 3 crystals and powder.
- PEACEFUL PACK - 4 niter item textures - 2 powders and 2 crystals
- PEACEFUL PACK - 36 fossil options: 12 styles each in dark stone, light stone and ice, including human bones, creeper bones, dinosaur bones, coelacanth and trilobite.
- ALLOCATOR - added new gui for the allocator.
- ALLOCATOR - 5 styles for allocators: 2 brown stone, dark, light and neutral stone.
- ALLOCATOR - 5 styles for fans: 2 brown stone, dark, light and neutral stone.
- ALLOCATOR - 28 jump pad textures: classic, slimy, slime blocks, and checkerboard, note, and slime blocks in assorted wood frames and slime colours.
- AIRSHIP - changed back-end file structure to intergrate with rest of amazopack options.
- MOB MASKS - added base blank mask texture.
- MOB MASKS - added base sheep mask texture.
- MOB MASKS - 3 zombie mask textures: painterly, classic-style and yeti.
- MOB MASKS - 3 cow mask textures: painterly, special needs and mooing polar bear.
- MOB MASKS - 5 skeleton mask textures: human, wolf, pig, cow and sheep skulls.
- MOB MASKS - 5 creeper mask textures: painterly, classic, demichina, happy and Israphel.
- MOB MASKS - 6 pig mask textures: painterly, special needs, pigman, brown pig, brown special needs, brown pigman.
- BEEKEEPING - light and dark wood GUI for apiaries (bee boxes).
- BEEKEEPING - light and dark wood GUI for presses.
- BEEKEEPING - light and dark wood GUI for incubators.
- BEEKEEPING - added new armor texture for beekeeper's hat.
- BEEKEEPING - added new beehive graphics.
- BEEKEEPING - 3 options for apiaries (bee boxes): light, dark and whitewashed wood.
- BEEKEEPING - 3 options for apiary tops: metal, corroded metal and wood.
- BEEKEEPING - 6 options for presses: light, dark and whitewashed wood with stone or iron tops.
- BEEKEEPING - 6 options for incubators: light, dark and whitewashed wood in variable or 'on' modes.
- BEEKEEPING - 6 honey block options: honey cube, dripping cube, and 4 types of honeycomb.
- BEEKEEPING - 24 wax/pressed wax options: rough block, smooth block, melting block, indent block, honeycomb, giant candle, and 2 types of honeycomb emblazoning, in white, ecru or gold colours.
- BEEKEEPING - 4 queen bee options: regular, crown, aura, and aura + crown.
- BEEKEEPING - added wax and grub comb graphics.
- BEEKEEPING - 2 honeycomb options: wet or sealed honey.
- BEEKEEPING - 3 pressed wax options: blobs or cells in white, ecru or gold.
- BEEKEEPING - 7 candle options taken from various torch options.
- BEEKEEPING - added chandelier and gold chandelier graphics.
- BEEKEEPING - 7 honey and honey jar options: honey drop, honey splat, honey cell, bowl, small vial, large vial, jar.
- BEEKEEPING - 7 raw honey pork options: coated and half-coated in all 3 meat styles, and platter prep.
- BEEKEEPING - 4 honey-glazed pork options: all 3 meat styles, and party platter.
Jun 03rd update:
Another major milestone - 2,000,000 customized pack downloads AND 1,000,000 non-customized pack downloads! You guys and gals are amazing! I can only hope that I can keep making everyone happy with continued improvements to the pack! As a thank you to everyone, a special little bonus has been added to celebrate this monumental occasion. Check out the 'mobs' section of the page for a preview!
We're aware of the issue with thumbnails not being displayed in certain browser/OS combinations and know what's causing it, unfortunately it's not a simple fix. We're working on solutions and should have something soon that will get everything working tip-top once again. Sorry for the inconvenience - you can still preview the images by rolling your mouse over where the thumbnail should be, in the meantime.
UPDATE: Scaevolus has fixed the thumbnail issue - they should now be appearing again for everyone. Refresh your page if you still don't see them! Thank you Scaevolus!
Jun 01st update:
Mostly an improvement patch and a few community items. I wasn't really happy with how the biome wheatgrass turned out, so I redid it, and added several new options, to boot. Also included are some screen door trapdoors (thanks for the idea, Extranoise!) and other assorted trapdoors, a new glowstone by Core25, and some new doors by myself and Slye_Fox.
- 11 new trapdoor options - screen door in dark wood, light wood, whitewashed wood and metal, various metal trapdoors, and hatches by Slye_Fox.
- 3 new sturdy door options by Slye_Fox.
- 2 new Reinforced door options for both metal and wood doors.
- 1 new 'gold lantern panel' glowstone texture by Core25.
- 1 new screen window texture.
- 6 new wheatgrass options in all colours - 3 lengths of scrub, 2 lengths of lawn, and hay.
- reworked the biome wheatgrass options slightly.
- added missing graphics for in-use fishing poles.
- split raw and cooked fish into 2 separate customizer options.
- more back end improvements.
May 26th update:
Beta 1.6 support has been added! Enjoy your maps and wheatgrass and trap doors and desert shrubs and whatever else you fancy. In addition to options I've created, you can find several community options included as well, such as more amazing new armor options by the talented LvK, and an arctic slime by TS-19.
- updated the paper graphic for standard reeds
- updated the signs art pack with new graphic sent by Extranoise of Quandary Pack fame
- added classic-style leather armor by LvK
- added classic-style iron armor by LvK
- added new armor icons for new armor sets
- added new chess cloth blocks and dyes, inspired by a suggestion from Sketch
- added 3 new lapis lazuli blocks
- added arctic slime texture based on design and concepts from TS-19
- included new map background images
- included 6 map inventory icon options
- included 17 trap door options
- included 36 wheatgrass options, useable on either wheatgrass texture
- included 22 desert shrub options
- customizer back end code has been changed to hopefully fix some minor ongoing issues and make upgrading in the future slightly easier.
May 11th update:
Another tiny update, adding a few things I had in the works but didn't have time for yesterday, as well as some amazing new community-submitted armor options by the talented LvK.
- fixed minor alignment issue with some gui options
- new cloth armor: barbarian
- new cloth armor: barbarian with fake muscle suit
- new iron armor: horned helmet savage plate
- new gold armor: variant gag armor
- new diamond armor: high-fantasy redstone tech
- 2 new brown pig options - regular and special needs
- 4 new pink pigman options - regular and eyeless in normal and bone
- 2 new pink zombie pigman options
May 10th update:
Added support for airships. Because airships are awesome. You can get Pchan3's airship mod HERE
- added rope option for string
- 2 airship bases - light and dark wood
- 2 airship engines - light and dark wood
- 6 airship balloon options - basic white, starapple, pirate, creeper, ghast, and happy ghast
May 03rd update:
A medium-sized patch that addresses some of the final few items which didn't previously have customization options, along with a few other things here and there.
- 6 options for your item selection hotbar
- added option to put small numbers in corner of hotbar
- 9 options for hotbar item selection cursor
- 2 options for menu buttons
- 3 new pumpkin variants added - gargoyle, grave and strange stone
- 2 new 'dungeon-style' cobblestones added (also added as half blocks and mossy cobblestone.)
- 2 new 'dungeon-style' mossy cobblestones added
- Jiang Shi zombie added
- You can now set the water splashes in custom particles to 'small' or 'none'
- 2 new foliage colour overlays added - 'canada' and 'grit-smooth'
- 2 new grass colour overlays added - 'canada' and 'grit-smooth'
- custom graphics for achievements/statistics which currently support them added
Apr 27th update:
Wrapping up several outstanding issues and expanding on a few new ones. Lots of small things this time around. Enjoy your Jaffa Cakes, Honeydew!
- 9 secret door options for iron doors - all stone types plus two library options.
- 2 more wildgrass options - no grass, and sunflower-only.
- 2 spider webs to pick from.
- 3 new mushroom stews added.
- 2 jaffa cake options added for cookies.
- 2 new options for bone drops.
- 2 new concrete-style smooth stone textures.
- 2 'classic' style variants for detector tracks.
- 2 new variants for booster tracks - 'classic' and crossbar.
- 2 new types of particle effects.
- Stone lantern option for pumpkins.
- 2 new zombie options - a more 'classic' looking zombie, and a shark monster by MC-Dread
- You can now set rain to 'light' or 'invisible', though you'll still get water splashes on invisible rain.
Apr 19th update:
Welcome to beta 1.5! This is our biggest update yet, adding over 240 graphics, though to be fair many are touchups or improvements of old blocks, or old graphics modified to be compatible with 1.5's new texture pack fixes.
Pack compatibility options include:
- all rails have been redone to be compliant with the new 'center shading' standard.
- all iron blocks touched up and reduced to 1 tile. 5 new options added.
- all gold blocks touched up and reduced to 1 tile. 4 new options added.
- all diamond blocks touched up and reduced to 1 tile. 5 new options added.
- redstone wiring completely redone to conform to new standard. 14 total options are available.
- slimes now choose one of 4 matching slimeball graphics when selected for particles.
Options new for Beta 1.5 include:
- added achievement UI window graphic.
- added 2 styles (1 for subway, 3 for monorail) graphics for each track booster type.
- added 2 styles (1 for subway, 3 for monorail) graphics for each track detector type.
- added 1 oak, 2 pine, and 6 birch sapling options to existing saplings.
Festive easter options inspired by designs from Liselle include:
- added easter basket buckets.
- added easter eggs.
- added hot cross bun variant for cake.
Options to 'modernize' the look of your minecraft world include:
- added whitewashed wood siding as a wood plank texture.
- added shingles as a wood plank and cobblestone texture.
- added concrete, concrete block and asphalt options for gravel.
- added concrete, concrete block, sidewalk, and weathered block options for sandstone.
- added modern style pail buckets both with and without handles.
- added 2 modern white wood doors.
- added 2 modern wall/floor lantern options for torches.
- added 3 modern-style window options for glass.
- added oven and fridge alternates for forge and dispenser.
- 2 modern forge top graphics (plain and rangetop) to match new stove and fridge.
- packing box option for storage crates.
- added modern decorating cloth blocks option, including wallpaper, trim, and carpeting.
Miscellaneous Options include:
- rocky sand option for sandstone.
- orange clay and brick options.
- new ingot/brick option for clay, iron and gold.
- paper-wrapped dyes option.
- line block cloth for diagram construction, with matching dye replacement option.
Apr 06th update:
I've added wildgrass mod support! Select all sorts of wildgrass options from the customizer, or not, as you wish. Obviously, this requires the Wildgrass mod to work, and is disabled by default in customized packs. Also added are a couple community-request items for wolves and armor.
- 6 new Wolf options, including classic-style white and grey dogs, halloween skeleton dogs, and scarves instead of collars for wolves.
- Added Crogs and Crigs.
- Added variant chain armor with a proper helmet.
- 7 wildgrass grass options
- 5 wildgrass tiny flower options
- 6 wildgrass tiny cactus options
- 2 wildgrass lily pad options
- 8 new flower options, for wildgrass and regular flowers
- 5 new mushroom options, 2 of which can also be used with wildgrass and regular flowers
- Added wildgrass vines
Mar 31st update:
Over 130 new graphics today! This time around we've got a massive grab bag covering little odds and ends for every corner of the pack.
3 dog/wolf textures (husky/wolf, ninja dog, and corgi)
a neutral forge and dispenser with 5 top options
3 new 'b-type' rails for subway and monorails
12 new flowers (one of which doubles as a sapling)
3 new bows
arrow graphics to match the arrow icons
a magic wand stick
a new glowstone dust
'laser' diamond tools
2 new netherrack options (one of which doubles as obsidian)
6 new soul sand options (two of which double as bedrock)
A new moon option
3 new cocoa bean options
3 new cookie options
7 new pumpkin options (watermelons!)
the original Minecraft paintings as an option
3 new grass biome shaders (thanks for your contribution Grittenoir!)
2 new leaf biome shaders (also thanks Grittenoir!)
3 new water overlays
2 new sandstone textures
4 new options for each ore type (6 for iron) including Doku-style ores
a new reclaimed ore item for each ore type
2 new TNT options (bombs!)
2 new pork chop/bacon options
2 new reeds options
4 new fancy wood plank options
2 new fancy wood bookcase options
fixed up graphics for watch dial and some pumpkin UI overlays
Mar 25th update:
We've just hit an important milestone everyone! ONE MILLION customizer downloads! Thank you all, I couldn't have come this far without the support, donations, and word of mouth and overall great assistance from the community - you folk are all so great! We're pushing over 2.5 TB of data every single month, and have just over 250,000 regular users of the pack (people who visit more than once a month).
To mark this special occasion, two special rhodox-themed items have been added to the pack - a rhodox-logo cake for celebrating, and a plush rhodox doll replacement for the gold sword. Collect em! Trade em! You can even swing em!
Another big patch is in the works, but I'm holding out until the dog patch goes live so I can do everything in one go.
Mar 12th update:
A small update - been busy preparing for various birthday shenanigans and starting a new job, so just a tiny update for now. This update adds 5 new block breaking animations, a new watch dial graphic, a new tree leaf texture, and 4 new wood plank textures and a new diamond sword. It also adds the ability to remove the vignette graphic from the pack, adds correct icons to the storage carts for the new chest options, and fixes a graphical error with the new biome textures caused by white sections on the triangles.
I would also like to take this opportunity to give a huge thanks to Mr. Cerniglia. Thank you so much for your support and kindness - I sincerely mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Mar 03rd update:
It's lavawine time! This update adds 109 new graphic items mostly centered around grapes and wine, including 2 128-frame custom lava animations! The update adds the aforementioned 2 lava animations, 2 grape replacements for crops, 2 grape replacements for reeds/sugarcane, grape and wine replacements for cane, paper, books, wheat and bread, 2 wine rack replacements for bookshelves, a glass bucket option, 6 new wood trellis window options, 5 new storage chest options, a new biome leaf texture, 4 new grass textures - golf course and ZekeySpaceyLizard pattern (used with permission) in normal and biome versions, and a ZekeySpaceyLizard-inspired quilted cloth texture and matching dyes.
Feb 22nd update:
This update adds compatability with the Beta 1.3 update, and adds 8 bed options, 6 delay block options, 5 bed inventory icons, 3 delay block inventory icons, a new community brick texture, a new glowstone texture, and a temporary fix for the new Redwire code, which, while less than optimal, works for the moment.
Feb 19th update:
This update adds 6 new lightstone options, a SNES-themed painting style, removes the melting sprites paintings (they were lazy and almost nobody used them), and most importantly, adds alternate dirt options. This was a huge undertaking, requiring 176 new graphic tiles to be created to cover every combination of grass and soil colour and length, as well as a huge amount of backend coding for the logic to apply the tiles. So I hope it's appreciated!
Thanks to further back end code improvements by xax, customizer now also supports a few additional quality of life features. Categories in the customizer can now be expanded or collapsed, super-option buttons are now available to do things like set all wood or stone options to a single colour or pre-load specific theme packs like the halloween pack, and a password system has been introduced that allows you to share your packs with your friends. Enjoy!!
Feb 10th update:
This update adds 2 new weapons (wood staff and frying pan), as well as 'piercing' orientation for the lance, spear, glaive and stick, 6 shades of 'broad leaf' leaf blocks in various green hues, and a new set of cloth blocks in 4 varieties, and matching dye icons, for a variety of signs and markers that take advantage of the multiple block patterns offered by the new dyeing system. You can preview the signs in the materials section, and the icon replacements for dyes and what they were designed for in the resources section.
Feb 05th update:
A substantial update, we'll call this one the 'Mistakes and Ladders' update. This update mainly addresses a lot of longstanding community requests or concerns, as well as adds a few fun things off my list of stuff to do. There was also a substantial backend performance upgrade done by Scaevolus on the Customizer - everyone should notice it loading much faster now.
78 new graphic options have been added this time around: 2 new suns and 2 new moons, 'realistic' style bricks in light and dark normal and mossy, 'realistic' style half blocks in 6 varieties, 4 new leaf colours (including pink petals), a brown cacti, 2 new coal textures, leather patches for cows, dye petals, cacti and vials, 4 new ladders, chick replacement for eggs, 6 new shades of grass including 2 new biome compatible options, and 12 alternate weapons to replace the traditional swords.
Jan 26th update:
A moderately-sized update with a mix of often-requested items, a few suprises, and fills for gaps in options. 44 new graphics were created, including a new sandstone texture, 'realistic' options for smooth stone and cobblestone in both stone colours, mossy and flowery (red and yellow) cobblestone for 'realistic' cobble, ice dispensers in all the usual varieties, vending machine dispensers, a new bedrock pattern, paint can dyes, and Spelunkiana Jonesy hide armor! Furthermore, four community contributions have been added: a chinese art pack to match the chinese items by Mozzie, and three Quandry Pack options - feather, fishing pole and seeds - recoloured to match painterly and used with permission by their owner, Extranoise.
Jan 21st update:
Huzzah! Today Painterly hit 500,000 Customizer downloads (and nearly 350,000 vanilla pack downloads) and so in celebration of this half-million milestone, I added a couple golden items for this special occasion - wild golden roses and toadstools to enrich your world's vegetation in a truly opulent manner. Also included are another kind of gold - two lightstone textures featuring lightstone chunks embedded in blocks of smoothstone. Behind the scenes, a bunch of CSS and webpage optimizing has gone on over the last week to streamline things, and, as you've probably noticed, collapsable patch notes have been added.
Jan 18th update:
a minor update which fixed an issue with the Dispenser gui, added a new forge gui, a new flower, palm tree bark, a new type of sand and sandstone, and updated several layout and back-end issues on the page itself and in customizer. You can now click any part of a customizer entry to select it rather than just the checkbox or radio button.
Jan 15th update:
7 new tree bark options, 1 new leaf option, 7 types of dyed cloth blocks, 7 sandstone variants, 5 lapis lazuli ore blocks, 3 lapis lazuli decorative blocks, 3 types of cake, 18 furnace top options, 22 dispenser options, a new flower, 4 new community-submitted wood planks, 2 dispenser GUIs based on community-submitted designs, chain mail textures, 2 sugar icons, a bone icon, 2 versions of every dye colour, 5 lapis lazuli options, 5 ink options, 3 bone meal options, and 4 types of squid.
Jan 11th update:
a new moon, 2 new winter gravel textures, a winter furnace texture and powered cart, a winter gingerbread clay alternate, 2 half blocks, a new iron block, 4 new railway options, 2 new signposts, 5 new radios/musicboxes, a new door, 6 new torches, 5 new windows, 5 new monster spawners, 2 new creeper skins, 2 new TNT crates, a new pig skin, 8 new cobblestone textures, 12 new mossy cobblestone textures, a new sheep skin, 5 new soul sands, 2 new redwire textures, 4 new redstone torches, and a new type of wool.